1. We can go out for dinner now _____ later.
2. John can't speak Japanese, _____ he can speak Spanish.
3. I was late, _____ I decided to take a taxi to work.
4. My classmate didn't study for the test, _____ she still passed.
5. In the end, the company didn't make money _____ did it lose money.
6. My pet cat is cold and hungry _____ it didn't come back home last night.
7. Seoul is a large city, _____ it is located in Asia.
8. The universe is a big place, _____ there may be intelligent life out there.
9. l have some free time _____ an extra ticket. Do you want to see a movie?
10. I'm not really hungry, _____ that apple pie looks delicious!
11. Elephants are big, _____ blue whales are even bigger.
12. The capital city of the United States is not New York _____ is it Los Angeles.
13. Can you help me carry these books, _____ are you too busy right now?
14. I need a pen _____ some paper to write some notes.
15. Sam lived in France for two years, _____ he can speak French.
16. Coordinating conjunctions are interesting _____ useful.